Become a Member
Membership is open to all who support the work we do together fighting to improve working conditions and advocating for precarious and non-unionized workers in B.C.
Whether you know lots or little about B.C.’s labour movement, have volunteered with us before or are new, or came to the Worker Solidarity Network because you were experiencing unfair working conditions and are now fired up to help others in the same boat, as a member you’ll join a community committed to worker justice!
Here are just a few benefits of being a member:
- Access to free workshops and trainings (e.g. workers rights trainings, health & safety, how to unionize, and more)
- Access free community organizer trainings (e.g. media skills training, campaign and direct action trainings, political education, and more)
- Help getting stolen wages back through our Worker Solidarity Program
- Become part of the Network by volunteering on a campaign committee, or becoming a solidarity steward and helping people facing wage theft
- Bi-monthly membership newsletter
- Free entry to social events hosted by WSN
- Become a voting member and attend WSN member meetings
- Run for leadership positions on the Board of Directors
WSN members include people from different sectors including retail, restaurant, grocery, hospitality, and more. As a member there’s no pressure to dedicate a certain number of hours volunteering (we know you have a busy life and might be juggling multiple jobs). WSN Membership is yearly and we make it easy for you to renew your membership annually by sending you a reminder by email.
Membership is FREE and when you sign-up you’ll have the option to donate on a sliding scale to the Worker Solidarity Fund, an emergency fund which is used to support workers basic needs if they’ve been fired for organizing or standing up for their rights at work.
Rather than collect membership dues, as part of registration we invite you to make an optional donation on a sliding scale to the Worker Solidarity Fund. Click the button below to learn more.