Need help at work?
File a complaint
Worker Justice Hotline
Contact us here
Join the Retail Action Network for our summer installment of “Paid Breaks” for Retail & Restaurant workers.
We want to hear from you. What are the challenges you face working in this industry? How do low wages and part-time work effect your health, your family, and your life? What sort of improvements would you like to see at your workplace?
This will be a roundtable discussion where you will have an opportunity to voice your opinions, and to help us push for improvements in the retail and restaurant industry.
Snacks and refreshments will be served. As a thank you for your time, we are offering $20 to participants who currently work in a retail or restaurant location on Vancouver Island. Please feel free to invite your friends and co-workers. Seating is limited, please RSVP.
– Children are welcome and encouraged to attend (please note that we don’t have any childcare services at the event however).
– For info on venue accessibility.
We will be hosting these events regularly as part of our campaign to create a Retail & Restaurant Worker’s Contract.
Additional Paid Break Event Dates:
– Tuesday, May 8th, 2018 – 5pm-6:30pm
– Wednesday, May 9th, 2018 – 1pm-3pm
– Tuesday, June 12th, 2018 – 5pm-6:30pm
– Wednesday, June 13th, 2018 – 1pm-3pm
– Tuesday, July 3rd, 2018 – 5pm-6:30pm
– Wednesday, July 4th, 2018 – 1pm-3pm
– Tuesday, August 7th, 2018 – 5pm-6:30pm
– Wednesday, August 8th, 2018 – 1pm-3pm
– Tuesday, September 11th, 2018 – 5pm-6:30pm
– Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 – 1pm-3pm
– Tuesday, October 9th, 2018 – 5pm-6:30pm
– Wednesday, October 10th, 2018 – 1pm-3pm
Can’t make it to one of these because of your work / life schedule conflicts? Send us a message, and we will do our best to set up a time that works for you!
We look forward to seeing you at one of these discussions!